Banking Resources Delivered in 2011
In 2011, ECCU continued finding new ways to invest in ministry by more effectively resourcing our members. Here are some examples.
- Missions Blog. A blog for missionaries—Banking from the Field—was introduced in July 2011 to help missionaries become smart banking customers so they can focus more time and energy on their ministries.
- Financial Forums for Ministries. In the fall, ECCU again partnered with CapinCrouse, LLP, to host Financial Forums in three California locations and in Colorado Springs. These events helped hundreds of ministry leaders stay abreast of changes in legislation, banking, and tax/accounting issues so they can more effectively manage their ministries’ financial resources.
- Webinars and Webinar Recordings. Two webinars offered in 2011 attracted hundreds of attendees: Cash Reserves: Why you need them. How to build them. and How to Build and Use a Better Budget. Recordings of ECCU webinars are available.
- Provision Savings Account. This new account, created to help missionaries save for home assignment or other long-term needs, makes saving easy while keeping funds accessible and earning a premium rate.
- Online Banking Upgrades. Feedback from members has helped us continue to refine ECCU’s online banking service. In 2011, upgrades included the ability to import account transactions directly into personal financial management software, the ability to customize the accounts summary dashboard, and free online bill pay for missionary members.