With our recent brand change, our website will have a new look with enhanced user experience. Changes will roll out in phases to minimize any impact. Thanks for your understanding and stay tuned!

Back to FAQs

What do I do if a transaction appears on my statement or debit card account that I don't recognize?

Contact us as soon as possible if you think your statement contains an incorrect or unauthorized transaction, if a receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction listed on a statement or receipt.

You can reach us one of the following ways:

  • Call 800.634.3228 in the United States or 714.671.5705 internationally.
  • Write to us at AdelFi P.O. Box 2400, Brea CA 92822-2400.

We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. You will need to provide the following information:

  1. Your name and account number
  2. A description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about (Explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information)
  3. The dollar amount of the suspected error

In most cases we will inform you of the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will promptly correct any error. In some cases it may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. Complaints or questions involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions may take up to 90 days to investigate.