ECFA Webinar Will Focus on Financial Issues for Treasurers at Smaller Churches
BREA, California—The U.S. landscape is dotted with smaller churches often served by volunteers. An upcoming webinar presented by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) will cover financial issues that are vital for the treasurers of these churches.
The 5 Basic Financial Issues for the Small Church Treasurer webinar will be presented from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. (PT) on Thursday, April 4, 2013.
By attending this webinar, you can expect to learn about these issues:
- Determining compensation that is reportable on W-2 forms for church employees
- Proper handling of the clergy housing allowance
- Applying proper Social Security tax for clergy and other church staff
- Reimbursing business expenses of church staff
- Issuing appropriate charitable gift acknowledgements
ECFA President Dan Busby, ECFA Vice President John Van Drunen, and Mark Jones, a vice president and senior banking consultant with Evangelical Christian Credit Union (ECCU), will present.
This webinar is free for ECFA accredited members and $39 for others. NASBA and NACBA continuing education credits will also be available.
For more information and to register, visit www.eccu.org/ecfa-webinar.